The Pyramid Of Senusret 1

The Pyramid of Senusret I is located in el-Lisht, Egypt. It was built during the Twelfth Dynasty of Egypt, around 1971 to 1926 BC, and is thought to be the tomb of Pharaoh Senusret I.
The pyramid is about 61 meters (201 feet) tall and has a base of 105 meters (344 feet). It is made of mudbricks that were supported by a limestone base. To finish the effect and protect the mud brick insides, the whole structure was encased in an outer layer of limestone.
The pyramid has a complex substructure, which includes a burial chamber, a serdab, and a number of other chambers. The burial chamber is located at the base of the pyramid, and it is accessed through a long, sloping passage. The serdab is located on the east side of the pyramid, and it contains a statue of Senusret I.
The Pyramid of Senusret I is a well-preserved pyramid, and it is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Egypt. It is also an important archaeological site, and it provides insights into the development of pyramid construction in Egypt.
Here are some additional facts about the Pyramid of Senusret I:
The pyramid was built by Senusret I's vizier, Amenemhat, who also built the nearby Pyramid of Amenemhat I. The pyramid was originally surrounded by a mudbrick enclosure wall, but this wall has now largely disappeared. The pyramid was robbed in ancient times, but the burial chamber still contains some of Senusret I's funerary equipment. The Pyramid of Senusret I is known locally in Arabic as el-Lisht el-Rafi', which means "the high Lisht."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pyramid Of Nyuserri Ini ( Niuserre , Neuserre)

Pharoah Meryre (Pepi 1)

Pharoah Userkare